Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meet 'n Greet

Jimmie Rogers
Meet Jimmie.  Many would describe him as incredibly patient, honest, hard working, thrifty, a practical joker, loving father and loyal husband.  He was born in Pennsylvania and years later after traveling all around the East Coast he made his way to Arizona where he met and fell in love with his wife, Verla.  They raised their children in Phoenix, AZ.  There he worked for the Arizona Public Service for at least 30 years before retiring.  Jimmie was good with his hands, he built shelves and storage sheds, worked on cars, and when his children grew he even helped build a storage loft over his son's garage.  Jimmie was the most trustworthy man anyone would ever meet... unless you met him on April Fool's day.  There never was an April Fool's day that he didn't have something up his sleeve.  One morning he took cotton balls and deep fried them and put powdered sugar on top and served them to his family as doughnut holes.  That was just ONE of many examples.  Jimmie loved his family and would do anything for them.  He wasn't into sports much or fishing or hunting, but he took his son anyway because that's what dads do.  He valued spending time with his children.  He loved family vacations and would take pictures everywhere he went.  He had a passion for photography and like any good photographer he always wanted the perfect close up!  But Verla wasn't a fan and always told him to move back, "close ups show the imperfections" she would say and he then would back up like a smart husband would.  He was very mild tempered, never raised his voice and got along with everyone he knew.  That's Jimmie.

Mandy Judd (photo by Mike Cunningham)
Meet me (a.k.a Mandy Judd).  I was born and raised in Southern CA.  Being the youngest of five kids taught me quiet a few things.  Because I was constantly surrounded by older people, I felt comfortable working with adults at a young age, teaching me maturity early on.  Being the youngest also meant that I always wished there was a sibling younger than me.  So naturally when all my nieces and nephews came along I was thrilled to play with them and spoil them to death which is where my love for children began and taught me that you're never too old to be a kid.  I wanted to be just like my older brothers, so like them, I took up soccer.  This taught me sportsmanship, how to work as a team member and determination to work harder and be better.  While attending Mission Viejo High School I learned of my love for photography.  When I found out that photography was offered as a major in college I knew it was the course I wanted to take in life.  I went to BYU-Idaho and also took photo courses at Utah Valley State College, now known as UVU.  I'm now married and for the moment living in sunny Central Florida trying to turn my photography dream into a career.  And that's me.

So where is the connection between Jimmie and me?  Jimmie is my Grandpa.  In the last years of his life he developed Alzheimer's and he passed away in January of 1986, he was 76 years old, I was only the age of 2.  I never had a chance to really get to know my Grandpa, but from all the things I have learned I have had nothing but respect for him.  When I started my photo classes in High School, my dad told me about the passion Grandpa Jimmie had for photography and instantly there was this connection that I now had with my Grandpa that I never really had before.  He has been my inspiration all these years.  I've struggled for years with a name for my business and I hadn't really moved forward with my passion for various reasons, but recently the thought hit me; "Jimmie and Me" I instantly knew it was perfect!  And I'm ready to get things rolling!

So if you are in need of some great photos whatever it may be for, just shoot me an email: mandykjudd@gmail.com or give me a call: 530-230-8721 and I'd love to book a session with you today! I also design photo albums and guest books.  Enjoy the site and thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing story and connection! I'm a fan of all your work and look forward to seeing all the great things you find to enjoy taking photos of in FL.

    ReplyDelete